Sunday, June 12, 2011

"I just can't help but smile the whole rest of the day"

Which just about sums up Jupiter's therapeutic riding experience.


She participated in the ride-a-thon this afternoon. Last week she started riding a new horse named Andre (who they call Andy).

Jupiter loves Andy. She told me after we left riding today. All afternoon. Several times. After the first hour I think I stopped listening to all the words. Except for: "I just can't help but smile the whole rest of the day." And she didn't say one mean thing to me. All afternoon. She even tolerated me singing a teeny part of Les Miserables which has been running on NHPTV for about 24 hours straight. Fortunately for Jupiter the pine pollen is crazy right now and I can't sing as much as I would like. Okay, so I had to beg for that little bit of singing time.....she gave in and gave me that two minutes.


That's why she rides.

The ride-a-thon raised over $11,000 btw.

2 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm so glad the ride-a-thon raised so much money and that she had a great time doing it. Of course, I never expected her to have anything other than a great time.

MX said...

I loved riding....i'm glad she likes it as well, it helps with so much to have something like that in ones life. And I wish I had listen to you all those times you would sing les mis and said I needed to watch it....i saw it for the first time a few months ago and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I think I love it more than rent! I am kind of in love with alfie boe the guy who plays valjean in the 25th anniversary concert. and btw....the guy that plays javert (Norm Lewis)is coming to amfam!!!!!!!!!!!!