Friday, January 13, 2012

Meep!

In the car on the way home, Jupiter and I were discussing "Her Day."  She's better at this type of conversation when she's in the backseat and I'm in the front seat, so this is typical.  I asked how her day was and she said "Good."  Which she always says.  "Only one yellow slip".

"Oh, were you talking when you weren't supposed to?"

"No."

"Oh.  What did you do?"

"I said "MEEP".

"Oh-kay.  Guess I need a little context to go with that."

(Enter a discussion about what context means.  But it's not relevant to the post, so I will not include it here).

"Mrs. R said "No More Talking."  Then I said "MEEP! I was trying to be funny".

She was trying to be defiant, more likely. It just comes natrually.  But I just had this vision of her in the classroom, waiting for five seconds after Mrs. R said No More Talking, and then coming out with "MEEP!"

I laughed hysterically in the car until we were halfway home.

I'm sure these yellow slips aren't working out the way Mrs. R expects them too.  We went to the conference and Mrs. R asked Jupiter to explain to me the pile of yellow slips she'd received in the classroom over the previous few weeks.  For talking, for the most part. I can't get that bothered about her talking once a day in the classroom.  But at least I didn't laugh my head off at the conference. 

I just know Juipter is going to go back to school on Tuesday and come right out and tell Mrs. R that I thought it was funny that she got a yellow slip.

I am so busted.

1 comment:

M.J. Fifield said...

At least you cared enough to ask about the yellow slip's origins. There are parents out there who wouldn't have.

Meep.