Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Saturday after riding, we stopped at the grocery store. Among other things, I needed ingredients to make salsa for my mother's cookie party the next day. (The salsa was for party food; not cookies. Just to be clear.)

First stop, tomatos. They're on sale. Sweet.

On the other side of the display, avacados are on sale. I don't need those for salsa, but I just like them. And they don't grow here, much to my dismay. So I got two anyway.

Cilantro. It's on sale too! It's Christmas for me!!!

Couldn't figure out why it was all on sale. Normally that happens on Cinco de Mayo, but not in the middle of December.

The next day at church (about the time I made it to the service), I hear during Prayers of the People: "Please pray for our Hispanic brothers and sisters as the celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe."

Ah-Ha! That's why all the stuff I needed was on sale.

Gracias a La Dama de Guadalupe!!

(My apologies to any native Spanish speakers who may be reading this).

No comments: