Friday, February 26, 2010

Yet another Health Insurance Rant

One of those topics I just can't leave alone, I guess.

One of our part timers came to work not feeling well today. His heart was racing and felt strange, he said. He was dizzy and felt faint.

Our senior manager moved to call the ambulance.

The employee said no. He has no insurance. A few weeks ago he was rear ended by an oil company van and had to pay medical expenses for that.

Even though our company offers insurance, this particular kid (I am now old enough that the college kids are kids in my eyes and not contemporaries.) is paying other expenses, (like education) and doesn't have health insurance. So he was unsure if he was having an anxiety attack or something more dire, and took the risk of not being certain because he knew he couldn't pay the bill.

As far as I know, he's okay. He got picked up from work..not sure if his girlfriend convinced him to go to the doctor.

I don't think it's right that people in this country make the choice not to recieve health care because of money. We can do better than that.

The end.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It is hard not having insurance. I think we can do better too.