Monday, April 26, 2010

The "Yay! Yay! Yay!" Story

Yesterday, Jupiter and I went to church. The weather was suprisingly nice. Expecting cold showery weather, we ended up with sunny weather and temps in the sixties.

After Communion, Jupiter had to go to the bathroom. She was being independent, so I let her go by herself. She hadn't returned in five minutes, so I went out to search for her, and found her heading out the propped open door. So I made her come sit down. We did the recessional hymn and the announcements.

Then Fr. Tim said, "Our celebration has ended. Go in peace...."

I didn't hear anymore of what he said. What I heard was my daughter, shouting, "YAY! YAY! YAY!" Then I didn't hear her anymore, because she was outta there. She may have waved at Tim on her way outta there, I'm not sure.

I guess it's a good thing that she can recognize the end of the service by the words. Though she was going in something much more like jubilation than peace.

I have to admit, I wish I had it on video. Or MPEG or whatever it's called now.

No comments: