Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feverish

Last night Jupiter woke up with a fever of 103.5.

I should have known she was coming down with something.

I'm not sure she has the strength even to walk to the bathroom right now. Doing lots of carrying. All she's had today is water and ice chips. I've been trying to give her tylenol (the non recalled kind) but she took one and threw three of them behind my bed in various half dissolved states. If her fever is 101 or less, I don't even bother with the tylenol because she hates it so much. And she threw up one of the half tylenols, so that probably means that the only pain reliever/fever reducer she was ever willing to take is now down the tubes.

I did discover that a bag of wheat berries that had been stored in the freezer for a few months makes a suitable cool compress. Made up a couple ziploc bags of rice and dried beans so we can rotate.

Last week there were nine kids in her class one day. Normally there are 19. Whatever is going around is potent.

In her weak feverish voice she wishes she could ride her bike.

3 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

MX said...

I hope she feels better soon, fevers are aweful :(

XOXOX

Lisa said...

Ooooo that's not good. Hoping she bounces back fast but be sure to soak up the fact that she needs you. :)